-->

Adventures!!

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Movie Review: Out of Time

 Out of Time

By Matt Hardy
2019/2021


Well, finally I shout to myself, we are finally getting into reviews. It's been a while since I used to review things here and there-- in fact, it's been a while since I've posted or even had the energy to enjoy things that I truly love when 6 years in college have ripped every ounce of happiness from my head. Funny how that works: You put so much effort into getting a career that you toss away everything you love. One of the things that I love, is watching movies. Well, and also reviewing them. It's been a time since I've had the energy and prowess to even do so, seeing as it's hard to get thoughts out about movies that I've watched thousands of times. 

Introduction: So, today, I bring you one I just viewed as of two nights ago on the streaming service bestowed upon us by our cooperate overlord: Amazon Prime. This movie, as you can see by this post's title, is called: Out of Time and I believe it was filmed in 2019, but according to Amazon it was created in 2021. I'm not sure which date is correct, but if the Overlord says 2021, we'll go with that. I found this as I scrolled to find more sci-fi and horror films of a lower caliber of quality, trying to find something that would hold my interest for more than a second-- attention spans are small, you see-- and, there it sat with a very interesting premise. So, let's get into it!





Synopsis: A G-Man from the past jumps into the future to stop aliens from destroying the world. The catch: he can only stay in our future for about 48 hours. Him and a cop join forces to stop the aliens. That's literally it. Simple, easy, and to the point.

Review: For the most part, I fucking loved this movie. Okay, rewind, let me explain. When first watching this movie, it's pretty clear that there is a lower budget for it. It has some wonky acting in the first few scenes, some really strange special effects. It's a cheap production, it's obvious. But, who's to say that a cheap budget is one to negate quality entertainment? Many of the shows we watch on T.V. and other streaming services are quite shitty when you pull back production value. In story, and in concept. I'd argue that many shitty productions are quite fun and creative when compared. So, I'd take a lot of the production with a small grain of salt and to indulge in the silly and lack of funding. When the movie starts, it really throws you right into the concept and idea. There's a man chasing aliens. Right in your face.  When we meet the other main character, the cop, we get a view of her life and what's going on; her relationships with others and how they all function. I really liked this actress, she really pulls of "bad bitch" very well! I think that it's a little slow at first, that is-- until the two man characters meet up together. 

The main character from the past, Cooper and the cop, Lisa, have amazing chemistry and really make the movie fun. Their ways of interacting adds to the characters and vibe of the film-- it adds more humor and charm. I think that the actor for Cooper (Blake Boyd) does the whole "I-don't-know-what's-going-on-in-this-time-period-but-I-need-to-hold-my-cover" shtick very well, especially with his subtly in how he looks around at things. The two characters really hold the film together. The concepts of the aliens is a really unique idea as well, and it also adds some humor and charm. If there was one thing that I didn't enjoy about this film, I would say that it would have to be the ending. I think that they tagged on something that we didn't need to see or really needed, to wrap up the story. But, I think that it could be seen as subjective-- some might really enjoy that concept.

Again, it is easy to see some really goofy things and it might take you out of the story slightly. But, one thing I would suggest, especially when watching low budget and goofy films, is to let yourself enjoy it while being engaged with the story. There is not harm in having fun-- not every film has to be ultra serious in any style of film. Just laugh and roll with it! 

This film is very charming and very entertaining, I would probably watch it more than once, as it doesn't require too much focus or energy to enjoy!

Here's my overall review. It's out of 10 bones!

Story: 🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴
Acting:🦴🦴🦴🦴
Effects: 🦴🦴🦴🦴
Rewatchability: 🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴
Pacing: 🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴


Give Out of Time a watch on Amazon Prime!


Until Next Time...

Wool Hat 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Skeleton Dance Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com